2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 692
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B3797 02
- All Door Dead Lock Circuit Short to Ground
Diagnostic Fault Information
When the body control module (BCM) receives a command to activate the door dead locks, the BCM will apply voltage to the DOOR LK SEC pcb
relay. This will energize the relay closing the contacts and enable the BCM to supply voltage to the dead locks in each of the doors.
Conditions for Running the DTC
The system voltage must be between 9-16 V.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The BCM detects a short to ground in the DOOR LK SEC pcb relay control circuit.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The dead locks will be inoperative
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* This DTC will change from current to history when the fault is no longer present.
* A history DTC will clear after 100 consecutive ignition cycles if the condition for the malfunction is no longer present.
Door Lock/Indicator Schematics (See: Body and Frame/Locks/Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Door Lock/Indicator Schematics)
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views/Connector End Views By Name)
Description and Operation
Power Door Locks Description and Operation (See: Body and Frame/Locks/Power Locks/Description and Operation)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General
Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Wiring
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information
Ignition ON, command the Door Deadlock Lock/Unlock to LOCK and UNLOCK with a scan tool. Listen or feel for the operation of the deadlock
actuators performing the LOCK and UNLOCK functions.
1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the X2 harness connector at the rear fuse block