2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan AWD V6-3.6L Page 1996
* The engine speed is greater than 500 RPM.
* Ignition voltage is between 8.6-19.0 volts.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The TCM detects 6 volts or less on the ignition 1 voltage circuit at the TCM for 1.0 second or more.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
* DTC P2534 is a Type A DTC.
* The TCM turns OFF HSD1 and HSD2.
* The TCM turns OFF all solenoids.
* The TCM commands maximum line pressure.
* The TCM freezes transmission adaptive functions.
* The TCM commands the TCC OFF.
* The TCM allows the vehicle to operate in transmission protection mode.
* The TCM disables Tap up and Tap down functions.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
DTC P2534 is a Type A DTC.
If all circuit tests are OK, ensure the transmission pass through connector and harness terminals are clean and not damaged, and the charging
system is functioning correctly.
Automatic Transmission Controls Schematics (See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic Transmission/Transaxle/Diagrams)
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Circuit Testing/Circuit Testing)
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Circuit
Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Wiring Repairs/Wiring Repairs)
Description and Operation
* Transmission General Description (See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic Transmission/Transaxle/Description and
Operation/Transmission General Description)
* Transmission Component and System Description (See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic Transmission/Transaxle/Description and
Operation/Transmission Component and System Description)
DTC Type Reference
Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Type Definitions (See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Descriptions/Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) Type Definitions)
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning)for scan tool information
1. Engine ON, accessories OFF, measure and record the battery voltage with a DMM. The battery voltage should be between 12.5-14.5 volts.
瀚慖f the voltage is not within the specified value, or the charge indicator light is ON, refer to Symptoms - Engine Electrical (See: Starting
and Charging/Testing and Inspection/Symptom Related Diagnostic Procedures/Symptoms - Engine Electrical).
2. Observe the scan tool TCM Ignition Voltage parameter. The reading should be between 12.5-14.5 volts.
3. Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC to verify the DTC does not reset. You may also operate the vehicle within the
conditions that you observed from the Freeze Frame/Failure Records data.