* The condition for setting the DTC no longer exists.
* A history DTC will clear once 100 fault-free ignition cycles have occurred.
* When a harness connector is disconnected, the high control and low control circuits are shorted together by the integral shorting bar. This
should be taken into account when testing for faults on these circuits.
* This DTC usually indicates a poor connection or a wiring malfunction between the SDM and the deployment loop.
SIR Schematics (See: Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Air Bag Systems)
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
SIR System Description and Operation (See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Systems/Description and Operation)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General
Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Wiring
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information
Special Tools Required
J 38715-A Driver and Passenger SIR Load Tool
Note: Refer to SIR Service Precautions (See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Systems/Service Precautions/Technician Safety Information)
Inspect all terminals for damage or corrosion when disconnecting connectors. Damage or corrosion in the following requires repair or replacement of
the affected component/connector.
* Seat belt pretensioner
* Passenger instrument panel airbag
* Side air bag
* Roof rail airbag
* SDM wiring harness connector
Note: The connector and connector position assurance (CPA) may seat independent of each other. Both the connector and CPA should seat with an
audible and/or tactile click. The CPA isolates the shorting-bars within the connector allowing the deployment circuit to operate properly.
If the condition is intermittent or cannot be duplicated, disconnect the connectors and add Nyogel lubricant 760G. This procedure will correct the
high resistance condition due to terminal fretting corrosion.
Observe the scan tool Deployment Loop Resistance parameters while moving the harness near each connector listed below. The reading should stay
consistently between 1.7 and 4.2 ohm without any drop outs or spikes.
* Passenger instrument panel air bag
* Roof rail air bag
* Seat side air bag
* Seat belt pretensioner
* Any inline harness
If the reading is erratic while moving the harness, perform the following;