* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B3794 08
- Cruise Control Function Request Circuit Signal Invalid
DTC B3794 61
- Cruise Control Function Request Circuit Actuator Stuck
Diagnostic Fault Information
The cruise control switch is an input to the body control module (BCM). The BCM monitors the cruise control set/coast and resume/accelerate
switch signal circuit in order to detect when the driver has requested to perform a cruise control function. The BCM detects a specific voltage signal
on the cruise control switch signal circuit when a switch is applied. The BCM sends a serial data message to the engine control module (ECM),
indicating the status of the cruise control switches.
Conditions for Running the DTC
* The ignition is ON.
* The cruise switch is ON.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The BCM detects an invalid voltage signal on the cruise control switch signal circuit is present for 0.5 second.
Stuck switch for either Resume/Accel or Set/Coast button for 60 seconds.
Actions Taken When the DTC Sets
* The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will not illuminate.
* The cruise control system is disabled.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* The condition responsible for setting the DTC no longer exists.
* A history DTC will clear after 40 malfunction-free ignition cycles have occurred.
* Cruise Control Schematics (See: Cruise Control/Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams)
* Steering Wheel Secondary/Configurable Control Schematics (See: Accessories and Optional Equipment/Diagrams/Electrical
Diagrams/Steering Wheel Secondary/Configurable Control Schematics)