2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 701
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B3849 02
- Driver Exterior Door Handle Switch Circuit Short to Ground
Diagnostic Fault Information
The keyless entry control module supplies a 12V signal to the exterior driver door handle switch. When the driver door handle is activated, the
switch closes and the voltage signal from the keyless entry control module are pulled to ground, this input allows the keyless entry control module
to detect a door open request.
Conditions for Running the DTC
Battery voltage is between 9-16 V.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The keyless entry control module detects the driver exterior door handle switch signal circuit is shorted to ground or closed for greater than 180 s.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The passive entry feature will be inoperative for the driver door and the driver door will not open unless the door is first unlocked by pressing the
appropriate button on the keyless entry transmitter.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* The DTC will be current for as long as the fault is present.
* When the fault is no longer present, the DTC will be a history DTC.
* A history DTC will clear after 40 ignition cycles.
Door Lock/Indicator Schematics (See: Body and Frame/Locks/Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Door Lock/Indicator Schematics)
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views/Connector End Views By Name)
Description and Operation
Power Door Latch Description and Operation (See: Body and Frame/Locks/Description and Operation)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General
Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Wiring
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information