Conditions for Setting the DTC
The BCM receives a ground signal on the LED indicator dimming supply circuit.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The BCM cease attempt to dim or illuminate the LED indicator lamps.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* The conditions for setting the DTC are no longer present.
* A history DTC clears after 100 malfunction-free ignition cycles.
* The BCM receives the clear code command from the scan tool.
Interior Lights Dimming Schematics (See: Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Lighting and Horns/System Diagram/Interior Lights Dimming Schematics
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
Interior Lighting Systems Description and Operation (See: Lighting and Horns/Description and Operation/Interior Lighting Systems Description
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General
Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Wiring
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information
Note: Each LED dimming lighting component may need to be disconnected to isolate a short to voltage or short to ground. Use the schematic to
identify the following:
* LED dimming lighting components the vehicle is equipped with.
* Component locations on the LED dimming control circuit
* Each component's control and ground circuit terminals
1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at any component with inoperative LED dimming lighting.
2. Ignition OFF, scan tool disconnected, interior lamps OFF, doors CLOSED, test for less than 5 ohm between the ground circuit and ground.
锟斤拷 If greater than the specified value, test the ground circuit for an open/high resistance.
3. Connect a test lamp between the control circuit and ground.
4. Command the LED Dimming Control ON and OFF with a scan tool. The test lamp should turn ON and OFF when changing between the
锟斤拷 If the test lamp is always OFF, test the control circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace
锟斤拷 If the test lamp is always ON, test the control circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the BCM.
5. If all circuits test normal, replace the component with the inoperative LED dimming lighting.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.