2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Technical Service Bulletin # 10151 Date: 100805
Campaign - Turbo Air Duct Loose/Disconnected
Bulletin No.: 10151
Date: August 05, 2010
Subject: 10151 - Service Update for Inventory and Customer Vehicles - Turbo Air Duct Loose/Disconnected - Expires with Base Warranty
2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 274
2010 Cadillac SRX
Equipped with a 2.8L V6 Turbo Engine (LAU)
This service update includes vehicles in dealer inventory and customer vehicles that return to the dealership for any reason. It will expire
at the end of the involved vehicle's New Vehicle Limited Warranty period.
This bulletin provides a service procedure to install a new air duct assembly on certain 2010 model year Cadillac SRX vehicles, equipped with a
2.8L V6 turbo engine (LAU). On these vehicles, the air duct could loosen or disconnect from the turbo inlet. If this occurs, a malfunction indicator
light will illuminate on the instrument panel, the "Engine Power is Reduced" message will illuminate in the driver information center, the turbo
charging would be disabled, and the engine would run in a reduced power mode with maximum speeds limited to approximately 35 mph (56 km/h).
This service procedure should be completed as soon as possible on involved vehicles currently in dealer inventory and customer vehicles
that return to the dealer for any type of service during the New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage period.
A list of involved vehicles currently in dealer inventory is available on the "Service Update Bulletin Information" link under the "Service" tab in
GM GlobalConnect (US) or attached to the GlobalConnect message (Canada) used to release this bulletin. Customer vehicles that return for service,
for any reason, and are still covered under the vehicle's base warranty, and are within the VIN breakpoints provided below, should be checked for
vehicle eligibility in the appropriate system listed below.
Dealers are to confirm vehicle eligibility prior to beginning repairs by using the Investigate Vehicle History link. Not all vehicles within the
above breakpoints may be involved.
Parts required to complete this service update are to be obtained from General Motors Customer Care and Aftersales (GMCC&A). Please refer to
your "involved vehicles listing" before ordering parts. Normal orders should be placed on a DRO = Daily Replenishment Order. In an emergency
situation, parts should be ordered on a CSO = Customer Special Order.
* Less than 25% of vehicles will require replacement. Order parts accordingly.
2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 275
1. Remove the front compartment front sight shield. Refer to Front Compartment Front Sight Shield Replacement in SI.
2. Remove the air cleaner outlet duct (1) and orange turbo seal (5). Refer to Air Cleaner Outlet Duct Replacement in SI. Discard the air cleaner
duct and orange turbo seal after removing it from the vehicle.
3. Remove the wastegate actuator hose (3). The wastegate actuator hose (3) is located under the PCV tube (4). Refer to the "A" portion of the
4. Inspect the wastegate actuator hose (3) for cracks, chafing, and cuts.
- If the wastegate actuator hose (3) is damaged, replace it. If the protective sleeve or conduit (insulator) is missing or damaged, replace it.
- If the wastegate actuator hose (3) and protective sleeve are NOT damaged, proceed to Step 6.
5. Install the wastegate actuator hose (3) and protective sleeve.
6. Install the new air cleaner outlet duct (1). Refer to Air Cleaner Outlet Duct Replacement in SI.
2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 276
7. Install the front compartment front sight shield. Refer to Front Compartment Front Sight Shield Replacement in SI.
1. Submit a claim using the table below.
2. Courtesy Transportation - submit as Net Item under the repair labor code.