2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan AWD V6-3.6L Page 1811
Conditions for Setting the DTC
* The secondary fuel level sensor signal is less than 0.35 V.
* The above condition is present for about 60 seconds.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
* The fuel gauge defaults to empty.
* The low fuel indicator illuminates.
* The ECM records the operating conditions at the time that the diagnostic test fails. The ECM displays the failure information in the Failure
Records on the scan tool.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* The DTC becomes history when the conditions for setting the DTC are no longer present.
* The history DTC clears after 40 malfunction-free warm-up cycles.
Instrument Cluster Schematics (See: Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators/System Diagram/Instrument
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
Fuel Gauge Description and Operation (See: Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators/Description and Operation/Fuel Gauge)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Circuit Testing/Circuit Testing)
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Circuit
Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Wiring Repairs/Wiring Repairs)
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information
Ignition ON, observe the scan tool Fuel Level Sensor parameter. The reading should be between 0.9-2.5 V.
Note: If equipped, the following tests can be performed at an inline connector. See schematics for the corresponding terminals to test at.
1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the secondary fuel level sensor.
2. Ignition ON, scan tool installed, verify that the scan tool Fuel Level Sensor Left Tank parameter is greater than 4.5 V.
瀚慖f less than the specified range, test the secondary signal circuit terminal A for a short to ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the
3. If all circuits test normal, perform the fuel level sensor component test before replacing the secondary fuel level sensor.
1. Ignition OFF, remove the secondary fuel level sensor.
2. While sweeping the secondary fuel level sensor through its full range of motion, test for a minimum value less than 41 ohm and a maximum
value greater than 119 ohm between signal terminal A and the low reference terminal D.
瀚慖f not within the specified range, replace the secondary fuel level sensor.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
* Fuel Level Sensor Replacement - Left Side (See: Powertrain Management/Computers and Control Systems/Fuel Level Sensor/Service and