2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan AWD V6-3.6L Page 1703
Module Assembly Inspection).
3. Place the Q8 control solenoid valve assembly on a clean work surface near the transmission assembly.
4. Connect the DT-47825-10 - jumper harness between the vehicle wire harness electrical connector, and the Q8 control solenoid valve
assembly electrical connector.
5. Ignition ON, verify with a scan tool that each TFP switch parameter changes states when gently pushing on each TFP switch with the eraser
end of a pencil.
瀚慖f any TFP switch parameter does not change states, replace the Q8 control solenoid valve assembly.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
* control solenoid valve assembly replacement. Refer to Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and
Relearning) for replacement, setup, and programming.
* Perform the Service Fast Learn Adapts (See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic Transmission/Transaxle/Testing and
Inspection/Programming and Relearning/Service Fast Learn Adapts) following all transmission related repairs.
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
- Park/Neutral Position (PNP) Switch Circuit
- Park/Neutral Position (PNP) Switch Circuit Low Voltage
- Park/Neutral Position (PNP) Switch Circuit High Voltage
Diagnostic Fault Information
Typical Scan Tool Data
The transmission manual shift shaft switch assembly, also known as the internal mode switch (IMS), is a sliding contact switch attached to the
manual shift shaft inside the transmission case. The park/neutral position (PNP) switch is integrated into the IMS and connects to the transmission
control module (TCM) lead-frame through a short wire harness. The circuit uses the TCM as a pass-through connector only.
The Park/Neutral Signal is sent from the park/neutral switch directly to the engine control module (ECM) and is used for engine start enable.
Conditions for Running the DTC
* Ignition voltage is between 11-18 volts.
* Engine Speed is 1000 RPM or greater.