2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan AWD V6-3.6L Page 1403
P0152, P0153, P0155, P0157, P0158, P0160, P0161, P0221, P0222, P0223, P0335, P0336, P0338, P2096, P2097, P2098, P2099, P2195,
P2196, P2197, P2198, P2232, P2235, P2237, P2240, P2243, P2247, P2251, P2254, P2270, P2271, P2272, P2273, P2297, P2298, P2626, and
P2629 must run and pass.
* DTC P000A, P000B, P000C, P000D, P0010, P0011, P0013, P0014, P0020, P0021, P0023, P0024, P0030, P0031, P0032, P0050, P0051,
P0052, P0100, P0101, P0102, P0103, P0116, P0117, P0118, P0119, P0121, P0122, P0123, P0128, P013A, P013C, P013E, P0130, P0131,
P0132, P0133, P0135, P0137, P0138, P014A, P0140, P0141, P0150, P0151, P0152, P0153, P0155, P0157, P0158, P0160, P0161, P0221,
P0222, P0223, P0300, P0301-P0306, P0443, P0455, P0458, P0459, P0496, P2088, P2089, P2090, P2091, P2092, P2093, P2094, P2095,
P2096, P2097, P2098, P2099, P2100, P2101, P2107, P2119, P2122, P2123, P2127, P2128, P2138, P2176, P2177, P2178, P2179, P2180,
P2187, P2188, P2189, P2190, P2232, P2235, P2270, P2271, P2272, or P2273 is not set.
* The engine speed is 1,080-3,000 RPM, or 1,160-2,440 RPM for LLT.
* The engine load is 13-45 percent, or 13-80 percent for LLT.
* The air flow into the engine is between 4-20 g/s and steady, or 3-28 g/s for LLT.
* The engine intake air temperature (IAT) is warmer than -30掳C (-22掳F).
* The HO2S 2 is at operating temperature for greater than a range of 140-300 seconds, or 140-210 seconds for LLT.
* The engine is operating in Closed Loop.
* The calculated TWC temperature is between 480-750掳C (896-1,382掳F) and steady, 500-900掳C (932-1,652掳F) for LLT.
* The difference between the expected TWC temperature and the calculated TWC temperature is less than 40掳C (72掳F).
* The difference between the expected exhaust gas mass flow and the calculated exhaust gas mass flow is less than 11 g/s.
* The above conditions exist for approximately 17 minutes.
* DTCs P0420 and P0430 run once a drive cycle. The ECM will attempt to run this diagnostic up to 3 times per drive cycle.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The ECM determines the oxygen storage capacity (OSC) of the catalyst has degraded below a calibrated threshold for greater than 5 seconds.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
DTCs P0420 and P0430 are Type A DTCs.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
DTCs P0420 and P0430 are Type A DTCs.
Inspect for the following conditions, which may cause a catalytic converter to degrade:
* An engine misfire
* High engine oil or high coolant consumption
* Retarded spark timing
* A weak or poor spark
* A lean fuel mixture
* A rich fuel mixture
* A damaged oxygen sensor or wiring harness
Engine Controls Schematics (LLT) (See: Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Powertrain Management/System Diagram)Engine Controls Schematics
(LF1) (See: Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Powertrain Management/System Diagram)
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Circuit Testing/Circuit Testing)
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Circuit
Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Wiring Repairs/Wiring Repairs)
DTC Type Reference
Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Type Definitions (See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Descriptions/Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) Type Definitions)
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information