2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan AWD V6-3.6L Page 1400
- Intake Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit High Voltage Bank 2
- Exhaust Camshaft Position Sensor Performance Bank 1
- Exhaust Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1
- Exhaust Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit High Voltage Bank 1
- Exhaust Camshaft Position Sensor Performance Bank 2
- Exhaust Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2
- Exhaust Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit High Voltage Bank 2
Diagnostic Fault Information
Each camshaft is equipped with a camshaft position sensor that the engine control module (ECM) monitors. The camshaft position sensor is a hall
effect switch that works in conjunction with a 4X reluctor wheel. The reluctor wheels are mounted to the camshaft position actuators that are
mounted to the end of the camshafts. The ECM uses the camshaft position sensor signals in order to determine the position of the camshafts. The
ECM supplies 5 V to the camshaft position sensors on the 5 V reference circuits, and supplies a ground on the low reference circuits. The camshaft
position sensors provide a signal to the ECM on the signal circuits. If the ECM detects extra or missing camshaft position sensor signal transitions,
or a signal voltage that is more or less than the predetermined range, within a certain number of crankshaft revolutions, one of these DTCs sets.
Conditions for Running the DTC
* The ECM detects greater than 10 crankshaft revolutions.
* The engine speed is less than 2,520 RPM.
* The DTCs run continuously once the above condition is met.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
P0341, P0346, P0366, P0391
* The ECM detects a signal from the camshaft position sensor, but the number of pulses are less than or greater than what is expected for one
* The camshaft position sensor does NOT correlate to the crankshaft position.
* Either condition must exist for greater than 1 s, or cumulative of 10 s.
P0342, P0347, P0367, P0392
The camshaft position sensor signal voltage is always low and the ECM detects no pulses from the camshaft position sensor for greater than 1 s, or
cumulative of 10 s.
P0343, P0348, P0368, P0393