2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan AWD V6-3.6L Page 1495
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
Charging System Description and Operation (See: Starting and Charging/Charging System/Description and Operation)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Circuit Testing/Circuit Testing)
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Circuit
Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Wiring Repairs/Wiring Repairs)
DTC Type Reference
Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Type Definitions (See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Descriptions/Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) Type Definitions)
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information
1. Engine running, accessories OFF, measure and record the battery voltage at the battery terminals. The voltage should be between 12.6 and
瀚慖f not within the specified range, refer to Charging System Test (See: Starting and Charging/Testing and Inspection/Component Tests
and General Diagnostics/Charging System Test).
2. Observe the scan tool of the appropriate control module battery voltage parameters. Verify that the scan tool displays a value that is within 2
V of the battery terminal voltage.
Engine Control Module
1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connectors at the ECM.
2. Ignition OFF, and scan tool disconnected, open and close the driver door, and wait 1 minute. Test for less than 5 Ohms between the ground
circuit terminals listed below and ground:
* Terminal 73 X2 (LF1 or LSA)
* Terminal 73 X3 (LF1 or LSA)
* Terminal 1 X2 (LLT)
* Terminal 2 X2 (LLT)
* Terminal 4 X2 (LLT)
瀚慖f greater than the specified range, test the ground circuit for an open/high resistance.
3. Connect a 15 A fused jumper wire between B+ and the PWR/TRN relay switch control terminal 87. Ignition ON, verify that a test lamp
illuminates between the IGN/B+ circuit terminals listed below and ground:
* Terminal 52 X1 (LF1)
* Terminal 70 X1 (LF1)
* Terminal 73 X1 (LF1)
* Terminal 3 X2 (LLT)
* Terminal 5 X2 (LLT)
* Terminal 6 X2 (LLT)
* Terminal 41 X2 (LLT)
* Terminal 56 X2 (LLT)
* Terminal 54 X2 (LLT)
* Terminal 19 X1 (LSA)
* Terminal 20 X1 (LSA)
* Terminal 13 X2 (LSA)
* Terminal 28 X2 (LSA)
瀚慖f the test lamp does not illuminate , test the IGN/B+ circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance.
4. If all circuits test normal, replace the ECM.