2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan AWD V6-3.6L Page 1500
When a cruise control function switch is activated, the body control module (BCM) detects a predetermined voltage signal. The BCM sends a serial
data message to the engine control module (ECM) indicating the function that has been requested.
Conditions for Running the DTC
The ignition is ON.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
* The ECM receives an invalid cruise control switch status serial data message from the BCM.
* This diagnostic runs continuously.
Actions Taken When the DTC Sets
* The cruise control system is disabled.
* The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will not illuminate.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* The condition responsible for setting the DTC no longer exists.
* A history DTC will clear after 40 malfunction-free ignition cycles have occurred.
Cruise Control Schematics (See: Cruise Control/Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams)
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
Cruise Control Description and Operation (See: Cruise Control/Description and Operation)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Circuit Testing/Circuit Testing)
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Circuit
Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Wiring Repairs/Wiring Repairs)
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information
1. Verify that DTC B3794 is not set.
瀚慖f DTC is set, refer to DTC B3794 (See: B Code Charts/B3794)
2. Road test the vehicle and attempt to engage cruise. Verify that cruise control engages properly and the DTC P0575 is not set.
瀚慖f DTC resets, replace the BCM. Clear the DTC, road test the vehicle and attempt to engage cruise. If the DTC resets, replace the ECM.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for BCM or ECM replacement, setup, and programming
P0601-P0604, P0606, or P062F
DTC P0601-P0604, P0606, or P062F
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.