2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan AWD V6-3.6L Page 1515
* A battery charger must NOT be connected to the battery when programming a control module.
2. Ignition ON, with a scan tool verify that DTC P0602 is not set.
瀚慖f DTC P0602 is set, program the transmission control module. Refer to Service Programming System (SPS) (See: Testing and
Inspection/Programming and Relearning/Service Programming System (SPS)) and Control Solenoid Valve and Transmission Control
Module Assembly Programming and Setup (6L45/6L50/6L80/6L90) (See: Powertrain Management/Transmission Control
Systems/Relays and Modules - Transmission and Drivetrain/Relays and Modules - A/T/Control Module/Testing and Inspection).
3. Verify with a scan tool that DTCs P0601, P0603, P0604, or P062F are not set.
瀚慖f DTCs P0601, P0603, P0604, or P062F are set, replace the control solenoid valve and transmission control module assembly.
4. Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC to verify the DTC does not reset. You may also operate the vehicle within the
conditions that you observed from the Freeze Frame/Failure Records data.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
* Perform the Service Fast Learn Adapts (See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic Transmission/Transaxle/Testing and
Inspection/Programming and Relearning/Service Fast Learn Adapts) following all transmission related repairs.
* Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for control solenoid valve assembly replacement,
setup, and programming.
DTC P0601-P0604, P0606, or P062F
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
- Control Module Read Only Memory (ROM)
- Control Module Not Programmed
- Control Module Long Term Memory Reset
- Control Module Random Access Memory (RAM)
- Control Module Internal Performance
- Control Module Long Term Memory Performance
The internal fault detection is handled inside the fuel pump control module. No external circuits are involved.
Conditions for Running the DTC
The fuel pump control module runs the program to detect an internal fault when power up is commanded. The only requirements are voltage and
ground. This program runs even if the voltage is out of the valid operating range.
Conditions for Setting the DTC