2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan AWD V6-3.6L Page 1849
DTC P2105 is a Type A DTC.
* If DTC P2105 sets, the engine will stall and not restart until the ignition is cycled OFF and then ON.
* Additional DTCs set when P2105 sets.
* The ignition key will not be able to be removed from the ignition switch until another ignition cycle occurs.
Engine Controls Schematics (LLT) (See: Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Powertrain Management/System Diagram)Engine Controls Schematics
(LF1) (See: Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Powertrain Management/System Diagram)
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
Engine Control Module Description (See: Powertrain Management/Computers and Control Systems/Description and Operation/Engine Control
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Circuit Testing/Circuit Testing)
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Circuit
Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/Wiring Repairs/Wiring Repairs)
DTC Type Reference
Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Type Definitions (See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Descriptions/Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) Type Definitions)
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information
1. Start the engine. Rapidly move the accelerator pedal from the rest position, to wide open throttle position, back to the rest position. Repeat
the procedure a few times. DTC P2105 should not set.
2. Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC to verify the DTC does not reset. You may also operate the vehicle within the
conditions that you observed from the Freeze Frame/Failure Records data.
1. Ignition OFF, remove the fuse that supplies voltage to terminal 5-X2 of the ECM. Verify the fuse is OK.
Note: This DTC will only set if the fuse is open and the circuits are not grounded. The ignition voltage circuits must be tested thoroughly for
an intermittent short to ground.
瀚慖f the fuse is open, test the ignition voltage circuit between the open fuse and the ECM for an intermittent short to ground.
2. Install the fuse.
3. Disconnect the harness connectors of the ECM.
4. Ignition ON, load test for B+ on the ignition circuit terminal 5-X2 of the ECM connector.
瀚慖f less than B+, repair the ignition circuit for an open/high resistance.
5. If all circuits/connections test OK, replace the ECM.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for engine control module replacement, setup, and