2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan AWD V6-3.6L Technical Service Bulletin # 09-08-64-025B Date: 110509
Body - Power Front Door Glass Slow/Noisy
Bulletin No.: 09-08-64-025B
Date: May 09, 2011
Subject: Power Front Door Glass Slow, Noisy When Being Raised or Lowered (Reposition Glass Run Channel)
2008-2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan and Sport Wagon (Including V-Series)
This bulletin is being revised to add model years. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 09-08-64-025A (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).
2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan AWD V6-3.6L Page 137
Some customers may comment that the power front door glass is slow or noisy when being raised or lowered.
This condition may be caused by the front side door window inner weatherstrip (run channel) being out of position and binding with the glass. This
out of position condition is at the rear of the glass in the inner belt area and appears as a twist in the weatherstrip. This may occur when the glass is
originally installed (the glass may be located inboard of weatherstrip "C" channel).
Do not replace the window regulator or the window inner weatherstrip to correct this condition.
Use the following procedure to reposition the front side door window inner weatherstrip.
1. Remove the front side door window on the affected door. Refer to Front Side Door Window Replacement in SI.
2. Reposition the front side door window inner weatherstrip in the metal channel as shown above. Ensure that the weatherstrip is not twisted,
kinked or torn.
3. Install the door window in the door run channels and raise and lower the glass by hand to verify that there is no bind condition.
Before installing the front side door window belt inner sealing strip and the front side door trim panel, ensure that the window glass
is in the "C" channel of the weatherstrip, not inboard or outboard of the weatherstrip.
4. Complete the installation of the front side door window on the affected door. Refer to Front Side Door Window Replacement in SI.
5. Cycle the window and confirm that the condition has been corrected. Verify that all the door power functions (mirrors and locks) are
2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan AWD V6-3.6L Page 138
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use the table.