2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 690
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
* Relay Replacement (Attached to Wire Harness) (See: Power and Ground Distribution/Power Distribution Relay/Service and Repair/Relay
Replacement (Attached to Wire Harness))Relay Replacement (Within an Electrical Center) (See: Power and Ground Distribution/Power
Distribution Relay/Service and Repair/Relay Replacement (Within an Electrical Center))
* Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for BCM replacement, programming and setup
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions)provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B3794 08
- Cruise Control Function Request Circuit Signal Invalid
DTC B3794 61
- Cruise Control Function Request Circuit Actuator Stuck
Diagnostic Fault Information
The cruise control switch is an input to the body control module (BCM). The BCM monitors the cruise control on/off, set/coast, resume/accelerate
and cancel switches via the cruise control switch signal circuit in order to detect when the driver has requested to perform a cruise control function.
The BCM detects a specific voltage signal on the cruise control switch signal circuit when a switch is applied. The BCM sends a serial data
message to the engine control module (ECM) indicating the status of the cruise control switches.
Conditions for Running the DTC
* The cruise switch is ON.
* The ignition is ON.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The BCM detects an invalid voltage signal on the cruise control switch signal circuit for 1 second.
Stuck switch for either Resume/Accel or Set/Coast button for 60 seconds.
Actions Taken When the DTC Sets
* The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will not illuminate.
* The cruise control system is disabled.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* The condition responsible for setting the DTC no longer exists.