2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 162
The passenger presence system has received a fault signal from the sensor mat.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The SDM requests the instrument panel cluster to illuminate the AIR BAG indicator.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* The condition for setting the DTC no longer exists.
* A history DTC will clear once 100 malfunction-free ignition cycles have occurred.
* If either the SDM or PPS were replaced verify that the correct part numbers were used for the vehicle application.
* If this DTC is set as either current or history it may have been caused by an electronic device. If an electronic device (Computers, MP3
Players, Cell Phones, Diagnostic Scan Tool, etc.) was placed on the passenger seat the passenger presence module may command the
passenger air bag indicator to turn on and/or command the passenger seat belt indicator to turn on. Make sure there are no objects on the
passenger seat and clear the DTCs. If this DTC resets then perform this diagnostic. If the DTC does not reset there is no further work needed
on the passenger presence system.
SIR Schematics (See: Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Air Bag Systems)
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views/Connector End Views By Name)
Description and Operation
SIR System Description and Operation (See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Systems/Description and Operation/SIR System)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General
Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Wiring
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information
Note: This system is serviced as a kit (seat foam, module, and/or sensing mat). Perform a Passenger Presence System Preload procedure whenever
a component is replaced. Inspect the following component connectors for damage or corrosion. Repair or replace the affected
1. Confirm that all passenger presence system connectors are fully seated.
2. Verify DTC B0074 is not set.
瀚慖f the DTC is set, replace the K85 passenger presence system sensor mat.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
* Inflatable Restraint Front Passenger Presence Sensor Replacement (See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Systems/Seat Occupant
Sensor/Service and Repair/Inflatable Restraint Front Passenger Presence Sensor Replacement)
* Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for passenger presence module and SDM
replacement, setup, and programming