2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 1459
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
* DTCs P0601, P0602, P0603, P0604, and P062F are Type A DTCs.
* The TCM shifts to a default gear, shuts down, and turns OFF.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
DTCs P0601, P0602, P0603, P0604, and P062F are Type A DTCs.
Description and Operation
Electronic Component Description (See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic Transmission/Transaxle/Description and Operation/6T70/6T75 -
Automatic Transmission/Electronic Component Description) for control solenoid (w/body and TCM) valve assembly
DTC Type Reference
Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Type Definitions (See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Descriptions/Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) Type Definitions)
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information
1. Engine running for at least 1 minute.
2. Ignition OFF for 30 seconds.
3. Ignition ON, verify that DTC P0602 is not set.
瀚慖f the DTC is set, program the transmission control module (TCM). If the DTC resets, replace the control solenoid (w/body and TCM)
4. Observe the DTC information with a scan tool. DTCs P0601, P0603, P0604, and P062F should not set.
瀚慖f a DTC sets, replace the control solenoid (w/body and TCM) valve assembly.
5. Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC to verify the DTC does not reset. You may also operate the vehicle within the
conditions that you observed from the Freeze Frame/Failure Records data.
Important: Perform the Service Fast Learn Adapts (See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic Transmission/Transaxle/Testing and
Inspection/Programming and Relearning) any time a transmission related component is serviced.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for control solenoid (w/body and TCM) valve assembly
replacement, setup, and programming
AF40-6 - Automatic Transmission
DTC P0601, P0602, P0603, or P0604
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
- Control Module Read Only Memory Performance
- Control Module Not Programmed