2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 740
* Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning)
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions)provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B3935 00
- Transponder Authentication Error
When an ignition key is inserted into the ignition lock cylinder and the ignition mode is changed, the transponder embedded in the head of the key
is energized by the exciter coils surrounding the ignition lock cylinder. The energized transponder transmits a signal that contains its unique value,
which is received by the body control module (BCM). The BCM then compares this value to a value stored in memory. If the value is not correct,
the BCM disables engine start.
Conditions for Running the DTC
* Ignition is in the Accessory or Run position.
* A valid transponder value has been read.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
* The transponder value is valid and matches the value stored in the BCM memory.
* The transponder calculation of the challenge from the BCM does not match the BCM calculation.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
* Vehicle starting will be disabled.
* The security indicator will illuminate. The driver information center will display a service message.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* A current DTC will be cleared when a valid transponder value has been read and authenticated.
* A history DTC will be cleared after 100 malfunction-free ignition cycles.
Immobilizer Schematics (See: Accessories and Optional Equipment/Antitheft and Alarm Systems/Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Immobilizer
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views/Connector End Views By Name)
Description and Operation
Immobilizer Description and Operation (See: Accessories and Optional Equipment/Antitheft and Alarm Systems/Description and
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General
Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Wiring