2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 453
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for the appropriate control module replacement,
programming and setup
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B1370 01
- Control Module Ignition On and Start Circuit Short to Battery
DTC B1370 06
- Control Module Ignition On and Start Circuit Open
Diagnostic Fault Information
The vehicle power mode master is the body control module (BCM). The ignition switch is a low current switch with multiple discrete circuits to the
The power mode master will activate relays and other direct outputs of the power mode master as needed according to the calculated power mode.
Some relays controlled by the BCM are switched ignition voltage outputs that are pass through circuits within the BCM directly from the ignition
switch. If these circuits short to ground, the B+ circuit fuse to the ignition switch will open.
Conditions for Running the DTC
Ignition switch is in the Accessory position.
Ignition switch is in the Accessory, Run, or Crank positions.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
Ignition circuit is shorted to voltage.
* Ignition circuit is open.
* Ignition or run/crank relay circuit is shorted to ground.
* B+ circuit of the ignition run/crank relay is open or shorted to ground.
* Ignition run/crank relay control circuit open, including relay coil and ground.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The Instrument Cluster still functions except check engine light is always off.