2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 868
* If equipped, the driver information center (DIC) displays the suspect tire pressure as dashes.
* If equipped, the DIC displays a service tire monitor type message.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* A current DTC will clear when the malfunction is no longer present and 1 ignition cycle occurs.
* The BCM automatically clears the history DTC when a current DTC is not detected in 100 consecutive drive cycles.
* Some aftermarket wheel valve stem holes are located further from the wheel rim than original equipment wheels. When using the TPM
special tool to activate a sensor, ensure the tool antenna is no further than 15 cm (6 in) from the sensor and is aiming upward.
* Aftermarket wheel valve stem locations can cause a sensor to not function correctly.
* A sensor may have been damaged due to a previous wheel/tire service or flat tire event.
* The use of other than GM approved tire sealants can obstruct the sensor pressure sensing port and cause inaccurate tire pressure readings. If
this condition is verified, remove the sealer from the tire and replace the sensor. Refer to Tire Pressure Indicator Sensor Replacement (See:
Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators/Tire Monitoring System/Tire Pressure Sensor/Service and Repair).
* Occasionally sensor transmissions are not received by the BCM due to vehicle level RF interference from items such as but not limited to
aftermarket ignition systems, DVD players, CB radios, or metallic type window tinting.
* The sensor activation procedure may have to be repeated up to 3 times before determining a sensor is malfunctioning. In the event a
particular sensor information is displayed on the special tool upon activation but the horn does not chirp, it may be necessary to rotate the
wheel valve stem to a different position due to the RF signal is being blocked by another component.
* Occasionally sensors can become mislocated due to previous tire rotations where the sensor learn procedure was not performed or stray
sensor transmissions have been received from other vehicles. Always learn the sensors to ensure the DTC set is for that actual physical corner
of the vehicle. Refer to Tire Pressure Indicator Sensor Learn (See: Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators/Tire Monitoring
System/Tire Pressure Sensor/Testing and Inspection).
* A sensor low battery condition will set a sensor DTC but will not illuminate the low tire pressure indicator or display a message on the DIC,
if equipped. The sensor battery condition can be verified in the scan tool BCM data list. If a sensor low battery condition is indicated on the
scan tool, the sensor will need to be replaced. Refer to Tire Pressure Indicator Sensor Replacement (See: Instrument Panel, Gauges and
Warning Indicators/Tire Monitoring System/Tire Pressure Sensor/Service and Repair).
Description and Operation
Tire Pressure Monitor Description and Operation (See: Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators/Tire Monitoring System/Description
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General
Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Wiring
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning)for scan tool information
J-46079 Tire Pressure Monitor Diagnostic Tool
1. Using the J-46079 , activate each tire pressure sensor and record each sensors transmission data and physical location. Verify J-46079
displays the 8-digit ID number, accurate tire pressure +/- 27.6 kPa (4 psi), Learn Mode, and at least a 1/4 graph signal strength displayed.
瀚慖f any of the parameters listed above are not displayed, replace the suspect tire pressure sensor.
2. With the scan tool, verify tire pressure sensors ID and locations displayed on the scan tool match the IDs and locations recorded from the
瀚慖f the IDs and locations do not match, perform the Tire Pressure Indicator Sensor Learn (See: Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning
Indicators/Tire Monitoring System/Tire Pressure Sensor/Testing and Inspection).
3. Enable the TPM learn mode. Use the J-46079 in simulate mode to learn 4 simulated sensor transmissions into the BCM. Verify that all 4
simulated sensor locations, IDs, and tire pressures displayed on the TPM special tool match the corresponding scan tool parameters