2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 175
DTC B0088 05
- Right Rear Side Impact Sensor High/Voltage Open
DTC B0088 0C
- Right Rear Side Impact Sensor Low Current
DTC B0088 39
- Right Rear Side Impact Sensor Internal Malfunction
DTC B0088 3A
- Right Rear Side Impact Sensor Incorrect Component Installed
DTC B0088 71
- Right Rear Side Impact Sensor Invalid Data
Diagnostic Fault Information
The impact sensors are equipped on vehicles to supplement the Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) System performance. The impact sensors
are electronic and are not part of the deployment loops, but instead provide inputs to the sensing and diagnostic module (SDM). The impact sensors
can assist in determining the severity of some frontal and side collisions. The SDM uses the input from the impact sensors to assist in determining
the severity of a collision further supporting air bag deployment. If the SDM determines a deployment is warranted, the SDM will cause current to
flow through the deployment loops deploying the frontal air bags.
Conditions for Running the DTC
Ignition voltage is between 9-16 V.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
Any of the following conditions exist for 10 seconds:
B0083 01, B0084 01, B0085 01, B0086 01, B0087 01, B0088 01
The sensor has been shorted to voltage.
B0083 02, B0084 02, B0085 02, B0086 02, B0087 02, B0088 02
* The sensor has been shorted to ground.
* The sensor current is greater than 23 mA for greater than 5 milliseconds.