2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 317
1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the S3 shift lock actuator.
2. Ignition OFF, test for less than 1.0 Ohms between the ground circuit terminal 2 and ground.
瀚慖f greater than the specified range, test the ground circuit for an open/high resistance.
3. Install a test lamp between the ground circuit terminal 2 and the control circuit terminal 5.
4. Ignition ON, command the scan tool Shift Lock Solenoid Actuator ON and OFF. The test lamp should turn ON and OFF when changing
between the commanded states.
瀚慖f the test lamp is always ON, test the control circuit for short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K9 body control module.
瀚慖f the test lamp is always OFF, test the control circuit for short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the
K9 body control module.
5. If all circuits test normal, test or replace the S3 shift lock actuator.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
* Transmission Control Replacement (See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic Transmission/Transaxle/Shifter A/T/Service and
Repair/6T70/6T75 - Automatic Transmission/Transmission Control Replacement)
* Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for BCM replacement, setup, and programming
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B0283 02
- Electric Rear Defrost Circuit Short To Ground
DTC B0283 05
- Electric Rear Defrost Circuit Short To Battery or Open
Diagnostic Fault Information
When the HVAC control module receives a rear window defog request from the HVAC control faceplate, the HVAC control module will supply
voltage to the relay coil. Battery positive voltage is supplied at all times to the relay switched input and the relay coil is always grounded. This
allows battery positive voltage from the relay switched input to flow through the switch contacts and out the relay switched output to the rear
window defogger grid.
Conditions for Running the DTC
Battery voltage must be between 9-16 V.
Conditions for Setting the DTC