2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 1388
瀚慖f the circuit voltage does not correspond to the specified values, test the control circuit for a high resistance. If the circuit tests normal,
replace the K20 ECM.
6. If all circuits test normal, replace the K22 cooling fan control module.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
* Engine Coolant Fan Replacement (LF1) (See: Engine, Cooling and Exhaust/Cooling System/Radiator Cooling Fan/Service and Repair
)Engine Coolant Fan Replacement (LAU) (See: Engine, Cooling and Exhaust/Cooling System/Radiator Cooling Fan/Service and Repair)
* Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for ECM replacement, setup, and programming
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions)provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Flow During Non-Purge
This DTC tests for undesired intake manifold vacuum flow to the evaporative emission (EVAP) system. The engine control module (ECM) seals
the EVAP system by commanding the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve OFF and the EVAP canister vent solenoid valve ON. The ECM
monitors the fuel tank pressure sensor to determine if a vacuum is being drawn on the EVAP system. If vacuum in the EVAP system is more than a
predetermined value within a predetermined time, this DTC sets.
The following table illustrates the relationship between the ON and OFF states, and the Open or Closed states of the EVAP canister purge and vent
Conditions for Running the DTC
* DTCs P0106, P0107, P0108, P0116, P0117, P0118, P0120, P0121, P0122, P0123, P0220, P0222, P0223, P0442, P0443, P0446, P0449,
P0451, P0452, P0453, P0454, P0464, P0608, P0609, P0641, P0651, P1516, P2101, P2119, P2120, P2122, P2123, P2125, P2127, P2128,
P2135, P2138 are not set.
* The ignition voltage is between 11-18 volts.
* The barometric pressure (BARO) is more than 74 kPa.
* The fuel level is between 15-85 percent.
* The engine coolant temperature (ECT) at start-up is less than 35掳C (95掳F).
* The intake air temperature (IAT) is between 4-30掳C (39-86掳F).
* DTC P0496 runs once per cold start when the above conditions are met.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The ECM detects more than 10 inch H2O vacuum for 5 seconds during a non-purge condition.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
DTC P0496 is a Type B DTC.
Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC