2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 1036
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
- Fuel Pump Control Module Requested MIL Illumination
The fuel pump control module uses the serial data network to signal the engine control module (ECM) that the fuel pump control module is
requesting malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) illumination. A DTC is set in the fuel pump control module, and the request for MIL illumination is
sent when the fuel pump control module determines that a failure that affects emissions has occurred in the fuel pump control system. When the
ECM receives the message from the fuel pump control module, DTC P069E will set in the ECM.
Conditions for Running the DTC
The ignition is ON, or the engine is running.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The fuel pump control module requests the ECM to illuminate the MIL.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
* DTC P069E is a Type A DTC.
* DTC P069E will continue to be current or active as long as the fuel pump control module is requesting MIL illumination.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
DTC P069E is a Type A DTC.
Communication codes, U-codes, as well as powertrain codes, P-codes, set in the fuel pump control module will cause the fuel pump control module
to request DTC P069E to be set in the ECM.
DTC Type Reference
Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Type Definitions (See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Descriptions/Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) Type Definitions)
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning)
Note: Correct any engine controls and communication DTCs before diagnosing fuel pump control module DTCs.
1. DTC P069E is an informational DTC. If there are no engine controls or communication DTCs, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List -
Vehicle (See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Descriptions/Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle) for diagnosis of fuel pump control
2. Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC to verify the DTC does not reset. You may also operate the vehicle within the
conditions that you observed from the Freeze Frame/Failure Records data.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.