Alarm Module: Testing and Inspection
Theft Deterrent Module Programming and Setup
1. Connect a scan tool to the vehicle in the Pass-thru arrangement.
2. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
3. Ensure that all power consuming devices are turned OFF on the vehicle.
4. On the Techline Terminal, select Service Programming System and follow the Techline Terminal on-screen instructions, using the Legacy
Pass-Thru method. Ensure the correct programming selection is chosen based on component being replaced or programmed. For this
procedure, go to the TDM - Theft Deterrent Module menu and select the proper on-screen options.
5. After the programming has completed, turn the ignition OFF for 30 seconds.
6. Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.
7. On the Techline Terminal, now select V.T.D. Vehicle Theft Deterrent Learn from the controller list and follow the on-screen instructions.
8. At this point the scan tool must remain connected for the duration of the 10-minute relearn procedure.
* The Techline Terminal will initially display 12 Minutes. The first 2 minutes allow the scan tool to initialize the appropriate control
module. The remaining 10 minutes is the relearn timer.
* On some vehicles the security indicator may be illuminated for the duration of the 10-minute relearn procedure.
9. Observe the scan tool, after approximately 10 minutes the scan tool will display "Programming Successful, Turn OFF Ignition". The vehicle
is now ready to relearn the key information and/or the passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
10. Turn OFF the ignition and wait 2 minutes.
11. With a master vehicle key, turn the ignition to the RUN position for 15 seconds, then start the vehicle. The TDM and ECM have now
relearned the pre-release password and the challenge/response data.
12. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs.